How much does a website design cost?
This is a question which is asked daily but sometimes difficult to answer as there are many types of of websites which suit different busineses. In this article we answer the basics to the question without going into complex designs and major internet marketing strategies.
There are three major components to your website which should be considered, each of which can be organized and managed by your website designer.
Your domain name is the first step to putting your business online. Your domain name is similar to your home address. As an example ours is www.designsenseweb.com.au. You can register many types of domain names including; .com, .com.au, .net.au, .org.au, .id.au, .eu, .co.uk, .asia, .nz and many other types. Most business websites based in Australia will register a .com.au domain name.
- Austrralian domains (.com.au) $44.95 for 2 years registration
- International domains (.com) $24.95 for 2 years registration
- Non-commercial organisations (.org.au) $44.95 for 2 years registration
- Austrralian domains (.net.aum) $24.95 for 2 years registration
Average Cost: $44.95 for 2 Years Registration for a .com.au Domain Name
Website Hosting is a service which is provided by a hosting company. They provide upi with a username and password allows us to install your website on their server. This allows your customers to view your website on the World Wide Web.
There are many levels of website hosting which suit different types of websites. It is important to match the right hosting to your website as some hosting providers have down time more than others and some are slower than others. If your website takes too long to load, or isn’t available at the instant someone is looking for the services you offer, it is quite probable that you will never see that prospect again. Attempting to save money in this area usually proves to be a mistake.
- Economy Hosting – Suited to personal or low traffic websites. $100 to $200 per year
- Basic Business Hosting – Suited to small businesses with low traffic $200 to $300 per year
- Business Hosting – Suits content managed or shopping cart websites $300 to $450 per year
- Premium Hosting – Suits larger websites with high traffic turnover $450 to $600 per year
Average Cost: $100 to $400 for 12 Months Registration
The website design cost will depend on a wide range of factors such as the number of pages, the content and complexity of the design, whether a contact form is required, or a banner design etc. You are paying for the website designer’s time, so the more complex the design, and the more variations that are considered, the more it will cost. The following are average website design costs you would expect to pay.
Average Cost: $500 to $5000 one time cost
The following website design prices and packages have been tailored to suit most budgets and industries. If you woudl like further information or help is selecting a package to suit your needs, please contact us or your website designer.